IRIS – Airforce Series – Grob G115E/Tutor T.1 [FSX/P3D]
- Reviews (1)
A favourite of the Royal Air Force University Air Squadrons (UAS) and Air Experience Flights (AEF), the Grob Tutor has seen many of the cadets in the UK Air Training Corps experience their first flights and take steps towards becoming flight crew in the Royal Air Force.
A single engine basic trainer aircraft, the G 115E / Tutor T.1 is designed and manufactured by Grob Aircraft (formerly known as Grob Aerospace) of Germany. It was built to replace the Scottish Aviation Bulldog T.1 aircraft and a total of 360 G 115Es are operational with seven customers worldwide.
The G 115E is of semi-monocoque design. It was designed to execute pilot screening, elementary flight training (EFT) and aerobatics manoeuvres. The robust landing gear design allowed the aircraft to accomplish harsh training even in the worst climatic conditions.
The aircraft is designed to execute VFR training during day or night and IFR training in non-icing conditions, whilst the spacious cockpit of the G 115E is fitted with two side by side seats for pilot and student.
The seats can be conformed through squab cushions and flexible rudder pedals. The large glass canopy renders all round clear visibility to the crew. The primary flight controls and switches are integrated to the right side of the cockpit to fly the aircraft with a right hand stick and a left hand throttle, which enables to transit easily to fast jet aircraft.
Overall, the Grob G 115E/Tutor T.1 is a remarkable training aircraft and is a joy to fly for both student and instructor.
P3D Version // V1.0
FSX Version // V1.0
- Custom sounds taken from the G115E from both inside the cockpit and the exterior of the aircraft.
- Custom displays and detailed on-board systems based on publicly available information and Grob Tutor aircrew feedback.
- Realistic flight models built and tested by pilots with experience on the type.
- A selection of superb HD (4096 pixel squared) textures!
- Realistic material reflection and shine.
- Volumetric propeller effect.
- Custom HD paintkit in Photoshop PSD format.
- Custom in cockpit audio.
- Authentic manual and documentation to provide the most realistic procedural simulation possible.
This product is not endorsed or affiliated with Grob Aircraft, the Royal Air Force or Tayside Aviation, in any way.
All trademarks shown are the property of their respective owners and are used for descriptive purposes only.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X with the Acceleration Expansion pack installed.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold edition.
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2 (Academic Edition).
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3 (Academic Edition).
Recommended System Requirements
Windows 7 64-Bit
Intel Core i7 3.2Ghz or equivalent CPU
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti or equivalent Graphics Card.
14GB DDR3 RAM
A well configured FSX/P3D installation with minimal background processes is also recommended. Please note that all products are tested and evaluated using default settings and a default FSX/P3D installation to ensure a fair evaluation process. Addition of other 3rd party software MAY affect your performance and experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.